Friday, October 19, 2012

Blessed Life

It's been a while, but I have a valid excuse!

WE FINALLY MOVED INTO OUR NEW HOME!!

It took months to finally close, so by the end we dumped Wells Fargo and got our loan completed through Bank of Arkansas. They were able to get everything done in a week. If you ever want to get a home loan, I don't recommend Wells Fargo.

Anywho, we moved in not last weekend, but the weekend before. These past couple of weeks have been stressful just trying to adjust to our new home, but slowly and surly we are moving in. I can't tell you how happy I am waking up in my new house, and that's saying something since I'm not a morning person. The dogs love it... but poor things, they love everything. They have adjusted well though, and the neighbors haven't banged on our door yet to tell us to shut them up. I know a time will come when that will happen, but it is not this day. (I hope you read that dramatically).

This is the main entry way to all the rooms. I love the arched entryways. 

We have this little area in the corner. 

Our kitchen. Luke, Leia, and Chewy all fit at the same time. I know this because they're ALWAYS in there begging for food. 

The bookcase is a built in one. I saw the picture frame set up from Pinterest. The photos in the frames around the "B" are currently empty. If I can ever get all three dogs to sit still for a picture, I might actually put something in there. 

I think I'm in love with this fridge. I open it and I swear I hear angels sing.

I took this picture the day we got our house keys :). Pretty sure I cried.

Our dining room.

Our living room. My favorite part is the view when the sun is going down. It really just makes the home feel warm and inviting. I love sitting on my sofa and relaxing after work. I can't wait till I can play with the fireplace.

Buhdahs (the pups). They love their backyard, and the neighborhood. Like I said, if I can ever get a normal picture with the three of them, I'm framing it. This is the best I've got so far.

This is supposed to be our "computer room", but we decided to make it our TV room. It's cozy.

Our front door. Believe it or not, I made that wreath!

     Our kitchen from another angle. You can see the dogs surrounding Michael, getting ready to attack.


This is another built in bookcase. I love this and all the stuff I can put away in it.


I didn't put any pictures of our bedroom, bathroom, or other bedrooms because those are still works in progress. Technically the entire house is still a work in progress, but we're happy with where we're at right now. Hopefully if we stick to our budget and save, we can afford an awesome bedroom make over. That's a maybe though. I'm just so grateful that we finally got a place to call our home where our kiddem's can call home as well (once those nightmares start coming... which isn't any time soon). I'm so happy that moving isn't something we have to dread in the future anymore, at least for a long, LONG time. I can't tell you how sick I am of moving... even thinking about it makes me want to kill a butterfly. 

The best thing I've learned about this entire experience: the best things worth having are never easy to get (or keep). 

Amen to that. The best things I have in my life right now: 

1. My religion
2. My family 
3. My home  

:)

4 comments:

  1. it is a BEAUTIFUL home! i love it! (and am only coveting a little tiny bit :) ok - I lied, I am coveting more than a "little bit." However, my wickedness does not prohibit me from being SO SO happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about to cry tears everywhere!!! This is so many kinds of beautiful! I freaking love it and I am stoked out of my mind you guys got a freaking house. But not just any freaking house.... A nice freaking house!!! Freak you, Paola! Jk I lubz! Jaime and Sher are here this weekend but I am missing my beautiful Blacks :( waaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on your first home! Doesn't it feel great to own a place that is yours?! :-) best of luck with everything out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh. I'm jealous and I hate you. Just kidding. But really. NICE HOUZZ. When are we getting an invitation??????

    ReplyDelete