Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gratitude

At work I get some downtime, and one of my favorite things to do is visit this blog: http://justlittlethings.net/.  I heard that there are some blogs like this one, but the reason I like this one so much is because of how simple the design is. There are no distracting pictures or weirdo comments (there are comments.. but they're little).

Some of my favorites:


I recommend visiting the site. Anywho, not sure if I mentioned this, but Leia went to go get scooped out this weekend. She had surgery on Friday and we got to pick her up Saturday morning. Poor baby girl has stitches on her belly. The vets said to make sure she's relaxed and doesn't run around too much or play too hard... that just goes to show that they have NO IDEA what kind of dog she is. Basically, I've been expecting to see her guys hanging out of her stomach. She licks her stomach all the blasted time, runs up and down stairs like the building is collapsing, and attacks Luke whenever he has something in his mouth (which is always). We tried to put the cone on her head, but the first time was HORRIBLE. 

I wasn't planning on sharing the whole story, but it's pretty entertaining. So Michael and I decide to have a short date night and go see Captain America at the dollar theater. We decide to leave Luke in the garage and Leia in our bedroom (you can already see where our logic is flawed...). So we have a great time and come home to a quiet and peaceful home. We walk into our bedroom and Leia is innocently resting on the floor. I get ready for bed and then go to sit on my side, but I notice that it's moist. Michael, being as timely as he is, notices that there is a giant wet spot on the ground. Leia had decided that being potty trained was for losers, and let me tell you, she's no loser. She peed in a couple different spots on the carpet and decided to share that love on my side of the bed. Great. Dog.

Well, we finally clean everything up and then notice that she keeps licking her stupid stitches. We finally decide to get the big guns out and put her cone on. 

Oh. My. Gosh. 

I was already near breaking point stress level wise, but this just broke me. It took us about 20-25 minutes to get the stupid thing on her neck, but Leia has a tendency to loose control of her bladder when she's excited or scared. She peed again. On the floor. And this time, on Michael's side of the bed (I said a little prayer of thanks that it wasn't my side again). But this time we couldn't get that mad, because Leia was so traumatized by the whole experience that she was stiff as a board, probably wondering why we were deciding to torture her with the cone. It was hilarious. She would not move for anything, and she even placed herself so that her back was toward us like some stubborn child. That made me feel better. Until I had to fix the stupid cone. She had one part of the cone sticking out, so I took it upon myself to cut it so that she wouldn't bump into everything. I get the scissors down to the very bottom of the cone, and Leia decides to leap forward, managing to rip the cone off her head.

Everything after that was a blur... I think I remember seeing lights, some blood (probably from my eyes, since my head was about to explode), possibly some pee again.

Yay for cones. And psycho dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment