Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

Michael and I are sitting in our living room, watching TV, and listening to our puppies sleep. I'M IN HEAVEN. We just went on a long 2-hour hike in our "backyard" and when we got back, they were exhausted. While I was sitting here listening to the peace and quiet, I thought back to the amazing things that happened this year:

#1: I became a BYU Alumnus

Graduating was an amazing and wonderful experience. I am so grateful and I appreciate all the help from everyone who made this goal possible. I love BYU and I love my Linguistics degree.

#2: I got a full-time job at BYU and a part-time job working in Linguistics.

Being able to work at the Honor Code Office is such a huge blessing. The work is difficult and frustrating, but I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. I love my co-workers. Everyone at my work has such hilarious personalities, and we get along so great together. It's my family away from my family. My Linguistics job is a huge blessing as well. I am so grateful that I am able to continue working in the field I love. It also gets me really good work experience for when I decide to get back into my field for good.

#3: We were able to move to a bigger place.

We were having a really hard time finding somewhere to move to after we got Leia. Very, VERY, few places allow dogs, especially if you're renting. It was also difficult trying to find a place that was affordable and relatively near by. We found our house and it was perfect. We have enough space for our puppies, enough room for us, and it is so well priced.

#4: We brought home our beautiful babies! (puppies...)

Leia sleeping in a very lady-like manner.

I love my dogs. I know some people think I go too far and I'm a bit obsessed, but I honestly don't care. They bring so much joy to my life. I never had a dog growing up, so having someone that relies on you for their well-being and love really opened my eyes. I never thought I could love something so much (apart from Michael obviously). They each have their own cute personalities and are always happy to be with Michael and me. They are also the reason why I have stayed in shape. We walk them at least twice a day... so all that walking really helps burn off those cookies or treats I indulge in at work.

#5: Michael still likes me.

I know, a miracle. But seriously, it was so nice to celebrate our 2nd anniversary this year. Ever since we've been married, life has been above and beyond amazing. He is everything I could have ever hoped for. We are on the same page and have the same goals. I am so grateful to have him and I am proud to have the last name Black. Michael is my prince and I am excited to celebrate our 3rd year of marriage this next year.

2011 was awesome, but I am excited to see what adventures await in 2012! Happy New Years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment