Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Time Has Come

I have won a battle in this war to go running in the morning.

I have been having the worst time trying to get up in the morning to take Luke and Leia out for a run. I figured that going running in the morning benefits us in the following ways:

#1: It's the only time I ever have to exercise
#2: Getting the dogs out in the morning means they sleep while I'm at work
      #2a. Them sleeping means that they are less likely to destroy things
#3: It's a good habit to start
#4: Even if I only do 1 mile, I do 5 miles during the work week, which is 5 more miles than I've been doing.

Basically, this is a good thing and I NEED to do it. Why haven't I? I don't know. The night before I get myself pumped to go and I tell myself how amazing I'll feel afterward. I think about all the music I'll listen to and how happy my pups will be running around. And then I wake up and tell myself that I'll probably get raped if I go outside.

So last night, to prepare myself for the morning, I decided to sleep in my running clothes. I was all ready to go when 6:00 AM came around. I got up and turned my mind off, mainly to stop telling myself that I'd get raped, and also because I was tired and very little gets processed at 6:00 AM. I got in the car, drove to the field (yes I drove...), and then ran! The pups were happy, I was kinda happy, and when I got home I felt victorious.

Now I'm sick with a sore throat and a nasty cough. My chest hurts and my tummy's upset, but so help me, I will go running again tomorrow. My goal is to go at least 3 times during the work week. Right now I'm so tired, so thinking about going running gets me more tired. But I'm hoping that after about 2 weeks, I'll start to get use to it.

Anywho, it's 2012! Apparently this is the last year before the apocalypse which fabulously starts on my 23 birthday... so I have exactly one more year to live it up! And to run... in the morning. :/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment