Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I love the holidays! I've honestly been looking forward for this time of year since last Christmas. I love everything about this time: Christmas music, Christmas decorations, Thanksgiving food, Thanksgiving break, snow, cold weather, family, and Black Friday!

This Thanksgiving is exciting because it's the first one with just Michael, me, and the pups. Basically our first "family" Thanksgiving. We have all the delicious food ready and I'm looking forward to feasting for the next couple days. We bought the dogs some tasty new treats for the event and we'll give them some turkey for dinner :). They are spoiled and fat. This morning, Michael and I started our cooking feast by getting the turkey ready. It was a lot of fun... which I would never think since cooking has usually been stressful for me. It was fun to inject the turkey with broth and then spread butter all over it. Well funny story. So here we are, getting ready to put the turkey in and Michael goes to get the plastic bag thing that the turkey goes in. I pick up the greasy, wet turkey while Michael holds the bag open. I drop the turkey into the bag, and next thing you know, our turkey rips through the plastic bag and it goes flying to the floor. I love having broth and stuffing on my floor. We both looked at each other, laughed, and then got annoyed that our turkey was on the floor. Thank GOODNESS our dogs were outside. That would have been a disaster if they were inside. After a minute of regrouping, we finally got the turkey in the bag and dressed it again.

The bird is in our oven, cooking. Later we're going to make some sweet potato casserole with marshmellows, green bean casserole, rolls, and salad.

Nuff Said.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment